Which Company to Book with
Ok, this was not great but here what we managed to do.
When you book, you pay 10% of the price via PayPal. The rest is to be paid in Cash or if you are Colombian you will also have the option to transfer money.
We wanted to avoid to carry over 3mil Colombian Pesos for 2 people) with us and so we asked one of our friends that lives in Colombia to do the bank transfer & we sent the proof via WhatsApp to the tour company. If you don't have someone who can help you with that, you can still pay by card but there is a fee on top of the tour price.
Difficulty & What to Pack
- a good small backpack
- hiking shoes (that you are comfortable with)
- trekking pole (1 is enough & you can rent it at the tour company office, make sure to ask it early as they don't have a lot)
- sun screen & mosquito spray
- toilet paper/soap
- ibuprofen (and if you know you have bad knees, a knee band)
- super fast drying clothes
- sleeping sleeve
- dry sacks or garbage bags (it's extremely humid)
Day by Day Info & notes
Remember there is no 4G network in the area but some camps offer wifi against a price (I would recommend to take the opportunity to disconnect, you rarely have the chance)