Lets' start with the food
Day Trip: San Sebastian
Playa La Concha
Maria Cristina Bridge
Engineer Jose Eugenio Ribera and architect Julio Maria Zapata were responsible for building it in 1904 in a record time of nine months. It consists of three openings and the pattern followed for its construction was the Alejandro III Bride in Paris, with its four obelisks at its ends surmounted by sculptures (and marking the entrance)." (Source)
Day Trip: Guernica
The Assembly House of Guernica
- "the father", planted in the 14th century, lasted 450 years the
- "old tree" (1742-1892), re-planted in 1811. The trunk now is held in a templet in the surrounding garden.
- the third (1858-2004), re-planted in 1860, survived the Bombing of Guernica in 1937 but had to be replaced because of a fungus. The gardeners of the Biscayan government keep several spare trees grown from the tree's acorns.
- the fourth (1986-2015) was replanted on the site of its father on 25 February 2005. It died of a humidity related disease on 15 January 2015.
- the fifth was planted in March 2015, aged 14.
Day Trip: Lekeito
Day Trip: San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
"With Puppy, Koons engaged both past and present, employing sophisticated computer modeling to create a work that references the 18th-century formal European garden. A behemoth West Highland terrier carpeted in bedding plants, Puppy employs the most saccharine of iconography-flowers and puppies-in a monument to the sentimental. " (Source)
But for now and in this trip our next accommodation is in the Spanish mountains ;)