Road Hoefn - Dettifoss
Road 864 is an experience and it is totally ground and if you try to go faster than 60 you won't see a thing as all the dust is rising. Overtaking is nearly impossible in some parts. The advantage of this road is that most of the tourists would be on the other side so you have more space for yourself.
The other alternative is as google maps presents is Road 862 (in blue on the map on the right), which we read it should be better. I would not be able to give you details of the view as we decided not to go also for the view on the other end.
There are singes around stating: Unsafe soil and high temperatures (80-100 degrees Celsius)! Please only walk on the paths and marked trails.
Myvatn Nature Baths
- you have to take a shower before entering the pool. the tricky part is that you have to take it naked. They don't use any chemicals in the water so in order to keep the water clean you can't go in without showering.
- hairdryers are available in the changing rooms.
- You have inside also a hot steam room
- The food at the local "restaurant" is regular quality and not cheap.
- Prices: http://www.myvatnnaturebaths.is/en/prices-hour
- don't leave your student card at home
Grjotagja, Game of Thrones Cave
Road to Akureyri
+354 894 4299
good quality price